[ale] DLink DWL-520 or SMC2402W wireless card Mandrake 10.0 anyone have any advice?

Jay jloden at toughguy.net
Mon Jun 7 23:36:31 EDT 2004

Ok, I get from lspci:

00:0d.o Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 100 22Mbps Wireless
Interface

"modprobe firmware_class" returned nothing, it just completed without
any output

and "cat /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug" returned: /sbin/hotplug

It looks like this thing is using the ACX100 driver, but that didnt want
to work either, and now I've been trying to get the prism54 stuff to
work with it...very confusing for a newbie like myself.

-Jay