[ale] Debian kernel 2.6.6 and nForce2 - good match

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat Jun 5 10:26:35 EDT 2004

Hi All,

A number of you had worked with me on the stability problems on my new
Asus A7N8X-X based system. The different kernel appends seemed to
make little or no difference in my case. Upgraded to kernel 2.6.6
earlier this week and the system has been up for:

15:08 up 5 days, 21:50,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

This doesn't sound like much to most of you however this is the first
time I have gone past 5 days without a lockup since I put this system
together over two months ago. I learned a lot from all the help I was
offered and hoped this bit of information may help someone else using an
nForce2 board. I am not running any special kernel parameters at this
time.

Jim