[ale] IPSec question

Jimmy Oliver lister at gojimbo.com
Fri Jul 23 23:41:49 EDT 2004

Have you considered OpenVpn?  I use it daily to tunnel from multiple
locations back to my home.  It is very flexable since it uses SSL
tunneling instead of ipsec which means you can tunnel out of pretty much
any nat/firewall situation.  You have upd or tcp options for transport.
My companies firewall blocks almost everyting outgoing, so I set up the
endpoint to run on something like port 80.  That is one you can be
almost positive   they do not block.  Check it out, it is easy to
configure and easy to use.  http://openvpn.sourceforge.net

-Jimmy