OT: Google the new RTFM (Was: Re: [ale] Internet Access around Atlanta)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jul 23 12:39:20 EDT 2004

Jeff Layton wrote:

> So, sometimes I use post to ALE and ask stupid questions in the hope
> that someome will find a usefule link for me via Google. I know
> it's dirty and I apologize. Unfortunately, it's my only choice to get
> any work done. Sigh...

I feel your pain, but you shouldn't be using the list and members to
make up for your companies short sightedness.  You should pursue
resolving the issue with them.  For example, the next time you need
google for work related information, go to your boss and tell him:

"I need info on foobar, I'm pretty sure I can locate it on the internet,
but I can't do that as it impacts the companies view of my professionalism."