[ale] OT: F-Prot experiences?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Jul 21 23:15:32 EDT 2004

I've been using F-Prot from Command Software for a couple of years now
in my Windows 2k VM sessions, and it has worked flawlessly.  It's cheap
and effective quietly in the background.  I get updates an average of
twice a day lately.
Since I never use outlook or IE on these partitions, I've never had a
problem with an exploit, worm or virus.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 770-874-0872
Fax    - 678-623-8002
Cell    - 678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>>jb at sourceillustrated.com 07/21/04 8:46 pm >>>
Guys,

These days, I'm forced to do a bit of work on Windows XP. I'm in the
market for a virus scanner, and thought of F-Prot, only because I've
seen
it mentioned as a Linux based option in the past, and I like to support
companies that support and produce software for Linux.

Any experience out there with their for-Win product?  How would it
compare
to something like McAfee or Nortons?

Thanks for the help.

John