[ale] anyone upgrade KDE3.1.x to KDE3.2.x in RH9?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Jul 20 14:52:13 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 12:12 am, miguel wrote:
> if so any hints?, should install from built source or do the rpm thing?

I've done both.  I think the rpms from the kde on redhat sourceforge project
is definitely the way to go.

Backup your .kde dir and your .kderc file.  I foudn that I had to wipe them
and start fresh--the preferences etc were not sufficiently compatible.  Then
I worked through the app preferences restoring bookmarks and a few other
critical pieces.

BTW, the sourceforge project is fully apt and yum enabled.  I recommend
installing apt then pointing to the kde repository and doin "apt-get update;
apt-get dist-upgrade" to grab the latest KDE packages.

Michael