[ale] MySQL 4 & PHP on Redhat Enterprise Linux?

Keith Morris - IQ keith at iqtv.com
Tue Jul 20 13:26:49 EDT 2004

I don't know about RHEL, but I have installed MySQL4.0.x on RH9, FC1 and
FC2 with no problems working with php and apache. The key is to download
and install the compatibility dynamic client libraries which include the
3.23.x libraries along with the other MySQL packages. Currently the
compat  package is named MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm.  Then
install php-mysql, php, httpd, etc and you shouldn't have any problems.
the compatibility package fulfills the MySQL 3.x dependancies for php-mysql.

Hope that helps.

:: Keith Morris
:: Creative Director
:: Design / Effects