[ale] Wireless toys?

james at sumners.ath.cx james at sumners.ath.cx
Mon Jul 19 11:03:46 EDT 2004

It depends on what you mean by "diagnostics". There is Kismet
(http://www.kismetwireless.net/), Airfart (http://airfart.sf.net/),
and Wavemon (http://freshmeat.net/projects/wavemon/) [my favorite minus a
feature]. But, if you just want to figure out signal strengths, I find
the Gnome wireless monitor applet to be sufficient.

--

I used to be interested in Windows NT, but the more I see of it the more it looks like traditional Windows with a stabler kernel. I don't find anything technically interesting there. In my opinion MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good operating systems.  -- Linus Torvalds