[ale] Tweaking 2.6 kernel

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 17 18:33:01 EDT 2004

I have a 2.6.5cvs kernel-of-the-day kernel installed on my SUSE 9.1
system.  I want to go a tweek some of the config options to ensure that
what I need is there and what I don't need can be removed.

To do this, do I just go to the /usr/src/linux directory and do a 'make
xconfig'?  Do I need to do something before I do this?  After running
this, what do I need to do to 'finish up'?

Probably a dumb question, but I thought this might also help me in
troubleshooting some of the USB issues I've been having as well.

Thanks.