[ale] USB DSL to South Bell

Pervaz Allaudin pervaza at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 13:40:28 EDT 2004

New to ALE.

I am trying to get SBC DSL running using Alcatel speed
touch USB modem on Fedora Core 1 on a generic AMDK6-2.

I have found and fragments but I cannot seem to get
the whole picture proper nor get the service running.

I have instaled speedtouch1.3,2 rpm and the rp-pppoe.

I do not show usb s one of the peers under etc/ppp(d).

but demsg shows a speedtouch dirver registered at
ubc.c

What do I need - Can someone point me to a relevant
detailed, amature source. The Ale archives do not seem
to have search facilities.

Thanks in advance.

Pervaz Alaudin.