[ale] Can't download rh9 iso's?

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Sat Jul 17 13:05:31 EDT 2004

Ok, I've gotta be doing something wrong.  I'm trying to download the RH9
iso's.  I had them before, but don't know what I did with them, and have
to do a new install (this was 2 weeks ago).  I've got a 3MB/768k xDSL
connection, and usually have no problem downloading ISO's.  I have a
Fedora Core1 box and a WinXP Pro box, and Linksys router / firewall /
wap / switch / toaster connected to my SpeedStream xDSL modem.  I get to
about 70MB of the ISO, and it just quits.  I've tried it with Firefox on
both machines (doze and *nix), gftp, command line ftp (on both),
filezilla, and even IE.  I usually use ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu,
but went to http://www.redhat.com/mirrors , and just started picking
some at random.  Any ideas?  I've gotten up to about 380MB a couple of
times, but each time, it just craps out.  I don't get any errors or
anything, it just stops???  Am I doing something wrong?