[ale] [OT] HDD Recovery Services

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Tue Jul 13 13:11:59 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 17:54, Geoffrey wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 23:42, Jonathan Glass wrote:
> >
> >>Does anyone know of any harddrive recovery services who can recover Unix
> >>filesystems?  Most of the companies I've looked at specialize in Windows
> >>filesystems.
> >>
> >>Unfortunately, this is mission-critical data, and this is my last option
> >>for recovering it, so I'd like to get other's opinions b/f I go out and
> >>hire just anyone.
> >>
> >>TIA
> >

> > Which filesystem type?
> >
> > The software we use claims to do ext2/ext3, but our recovery guys have
> > never tried it.
>
> Are you saying your 'company' provides such services?

Yes.

We primarily do Computer Forensics, but we also do data recovery.

We typically use the same software tools for both.  (i.e. They are very
related.)

Most of our issues revolve around Windows (fat / ntfs) systems, but we
do Novell from time to time, and as I said, ext2/ext3 is supposidely
supported by the software we use.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer