[ale] bellsouth and smtp auth on mail.bellsouth.net

Allan Neal allanneal at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 12 22:30:33 EDT 2004

Anyone else get the message that Bellsouth will be doing smtp auth on
mai.bellsouth.net starting on the 13th (tomorrow)?

I have done a telnet to mail.bellsouth.net 25 and issued a ehlo command.
It does not return AUTH in any options as of yet.

I have exim and think I have found the correct entries to put in the
config to allow my exim server to do smarthost relay through bellsouth,
but am not sure.  Any others that have seen this and know how to get it
working?  I would like to discuss to make sure I'm still able to send
mail after tomorrow.

Allan
--