[ale] programming languages

Ryan Williams ryan at jimmyether.com
Thu Jul 8 08:34:55 EDT 2004

Sorry to bug the list about this as it isn't *specifically* Linux, but
I have a quick question about choosing a programming language to study.
I'm relatively new to scripting, but I am picking up web-based PHP and
Perl pretty quickly. However, I would like to eventually work toward
heavier programming in other languages. We are likely moving to Athens
in the next couple of years, and I would like to possibly find work on
the university level at UGA. What programming languages are likely to
be most appealing to a university? Which language do most of you see as
being the most dominant in the next several years?

Thanks!

Ryan