[ale] OT: Firewall purchase

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 5 10:30:27 EDT 2004

The Soekris stuff is really really cool!  Very low cost for what you get
as well!  Thanks for alot for the link as I hadn't realized the power in
these devices for being used as a firewall.  The net4801 in the case
config with the accelerator card is $335 and only a CF card or small
2.5" HD is needed to complete the device.  This is exactly the kind of
device I've been looking for as replacement hardware for the old PCs
that will be returned to KSU when I go to UNCG.  The accelerator card
has a driver on Sourceforge I need to take a look at but even if it
isn't ready, the device is still able to function for what I need right
away.  The multiple VPN connections can come later.
Dow