[ale] Alsa drivers & 2.6 kernel

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Sat Jan 31 10:48:29 EST 2004

Throwing out some things to check...

What does `depmod -a` tell you?

Maybe you should use `modprobe` instead of `insmod` with

/etc/modules.conf
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.1 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1370
alias snd-slot-0 snd-ens1370
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

# -- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0

Did you compile in OSS emulation, or ALSA native only?

Check your mixer settings too.

Why .ko?