[ale] THE REBEL ALLIANCE

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Sat Jan 31 06:14:25 EST 2004

On Jan 31, 2004, at 4:18 AM, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=4764

'In Portland computer circles, you can't swing a mouse without hitting
a partisan of Linux (pronounced "LINN-ix")'

Uhm.... this is about as authoritative as it gets:

http://www.paul.sladen.org/pronunciation/

Lien-ux sounds closer to my ear. Then again, I come from the, kind of
cultural crossroads (Tucson, AZ) where pronouncing things in their
native languages is considered fairly important for everyday
communication. I had one hell of a time when I got here figuring out
where "Ponz (or pon-say) duh Lion" (Ponce De Leon) was, or where "Die
Cab" (DeKalb) county was.

*shrug*

-Bop