[ale]OT It begins...

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Jan 29 23:05:20 EST 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 21:22, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 20:23, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
>
> > The word "fresh" is used alot in this industry. It means something.
>

> Ok, CL (aka "fresh" :), attached is a spam that just came in... care to
> tie all these email addys back to a recent mailinglist?
>
> -Jim P. (a guy who deals with thousands of spams per day)

I don't understand what you are asking.
Are you saying that none of the addresses you listed were slogged?
Are you saying that *NO* email addresses are slogged anymore?
Are you saying that this list of email addresses did not come from one source?

Some of these emails could have been slogged, some guessed (i.e.
"forrestgump at hotmail(1-30).com, forrestgump at yahoo(1-30).com) some gotten from
viruses that steal address books? Some bought on a CD with a MILLION email
addys. There are several ways to acquire addresses. Oh, I forgot the now
popular "opt-in."

As is obvious, an email handling program sorted these addresses by domain and
then by alphabetical order. Decent slogging programs have that feature - and
enable the user to NOT send email to specific domains (and sometimes even
regions -like Wash. State).

I spot checked the list and found some via the major search engines:
The fact that I could do this manually supports the argument that at least
some slogging goes on.
In case you misunderstood, I am *not* saying ALL email addresses are slogged.

1. foolish328 at yahoo.com
	http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=GSIC&read=6859
	http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/viewreplies.cgi?board=GSIC&reply=6859
2. italiangm at yahoo.com -