[ale] Re: [OT] introduction

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Thu Jan 29 16:11:12 EST 2004

Hmm. I get up at 06:10, climb on my bike at 07:20 or so, and reach work
by 08:30.  I go through three mode changes -- first bike->train, then
train->train (Eastbound to Northbound), and last train->bike.

It ain't too very bad. Of course, most American commuters tolerate a
maximum of one mode change. I read a translaion of War & Peace on the
subway a couple of years back. Recently I've been reading ESR's
_Art_of_UNIX_Programming_. It's very cool, if only because he says so
much of what you already know in one well-organized place.

-- CHS