[ale] Indian outsourcing

Eichler, Paula J. pja0 at cdc.gov
Thu Jan 29 15:26:51 EST 2004

Your attitude is quite "let 'em eat cake".  Try making ends meet in
America on eleven grand.  I made that much 15 years ago and it was
tough.  When there is a critical mass of folks making 1/6th their
salaries, there will be revolt.

Do people that suggest a serious career change flip burgers or run a
cash register?  People have educations and time invested in something
that they love to do.  Is loving our jobs a luxury that we can't afford
anymore?

People in India have just as much right to a job as Americans, no
question about it.  Expecting them to dedicate one neuron feeling sorry
for laid off workers in the USA is a joke.

Corporations have no loyalty except to the bottom line.  Does anyone
even question that?  The only way to keep jobs in this country is to
give companies incentive to hire Americans over outsourcing overseas.
President Bush could use his influence to get in front of the podium and
say "Hire an American if you love your country" rather than "typing
classes and cash register training for everyone".  Truth is, I doubt he
gives a crap.

Boycott companies that outsource more than XX percent of their jobs.
You set the figure for your level of tolerance.  I don't shop at Walmart
anymore because Targets are nicer and Walmart has a bad reputation for
treating employees and suppliers.  Maybe Target does, too, but I haven't
heard.  I also try to find local small businesses to give my business
to.  The problem with using this effectively is that there aren't many
options.  Everything is made overseas or it costs out the a$$ ..pj