[ale]OT It begins...

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Jan 27 17:47:45 EST 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 03:58 pm, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
 > Ben
> > Actually, there have been spammers who have paid minimum-wage workers
> > to sit and go through newsgroup postings, de-munging by hand.
> > Definitely comes close to proving Rule 3.

> Not to be argumentative, but that seems far-fetched because email
> addresses are so easy to get.

Not common perhaps, but it *does* happen.  They will also Cc to both
versions (munged and de-munged) making reverse spam blocks useless.
<rant> muter muter son of a duck, I liked my 321nospam address! </rant>
My current usenet address is extremely long, almost a full sentence,
describing my hatred of spamers.  Hidden in the reply-to line, forcing
them to do a bit more work.  So far it is working...
--
William