[ale]OT It begins...

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Mon Jan 26 19:09:44 EST 2004

Something different.  It is Theo's attempt to strike back at spammers.  From
the man page:

spamd - spam deferral daemon

spamd is a fake Sendmail(8)-like daemon which rejects false mail.  If the
pf(4) packet filter is configured to redirect port 25 (SMTP) to this daemon,
it will attempt to waste the time and resources of the spam sender.  spamd
is designed to be very efficient so that it does not slow down the receiving
machine.  Spam is never accepted, but always rejected with either a 450 or
550 error message.  The normal way that spam has been dealt with in the past
is to either accept and drop, or outright block.  When configured to use 450
the senders' queue.

Greg