[ale] WAY OT: electric motor

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 24 10:25:25 EST 2004

Check to see which direction the motor should turn (should be an arrow to
indicate), and then turn the power ion and try to spin the motor in that
direction and see if it will run. If so, that is good. Let it run for a few
moments to make sure the bearings are free, then turn it off and see if it
will start by itself.

If not, take it back for a replacement, and try the replacement before
leaving the store.

Dan