[ale] butt kicking

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 24 05:45:27 EST 2004

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> Bill Gates: "[Linux/Open Source] kicked our butts"
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040124/ap_on_hi_te/world_forum_gates_4

The scarry part of this is:

"At the forum itself, Gates announced a partnership with the United
Nations (news - web sites) to bring computer technology and literacy to
developing countries.

Drawing on a $1 billion Microsoft fund, the U.S. software giant will
work with the U.N. Development Program to provide software, computer
training and cash to establish computer centers in poor communities,
starting with pilot projects in Egypt, Mozambique and Morocco."

We all know his purpose behind this effort.