[ale] USB->IDE problems

Stephan Uphoff ups at stups.com
Wed Jan 21 21:22:38 EST 2004

Oh ... your dealing with users !

Is electrify device on open an option :-) ?

If not I would think twice about mounting a filesystem.
Disk file systems are often really touchy when you remove their
device. Often the reaction is to panic and halt the kernel.
( I have not looked at the linux fs code in a while so I might
be totally wrong here)

Take a look at mtools - it may do what you want without mounting
the device.

	Stephan