[ale] USB->IDE problems

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 21 21:04:23 EST 2004

Chris Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 18:12, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Chris Fowler wrote:

>>>Impossible.  I can not rely on a user doing the right thing.
>>>

>>Ah, I missed the user thing.  I thought it was for your personal use.
>>In that case, you're screwed unless you can lock the cable down.  Seriously.
>

> You're right.  I'm screwed with the setup as is.  I can write code to
> rectify the logging to flash issue and unplug/plug problem.  I'm just
> trying to determin which FS will play nice.  VFAT is my only choice.

So you're saying that on a windows box, you can take this same drive and
yank the usb out?  What if you were writing to it at the time?
Certainly there would be some corruption?

Your best bet is going to be to have some device that requires an eject
command/button to release, like a zip or something.

Post your solution if you come up with one that works?

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net