[ale] Logitec USB Quickcam questions?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jan 18 16:57:46 EST 2004

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> hmmm:
>
> {127}:/usr/src/kernel/linux-2.6.1>xawtv -hwscan
> This is xawtv-3.90, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.1-bk4)
> looking for available devices
> port 53-53
>     type : Xvideo, image scaler
>     name : NV Video Overlay
>
> That's it. :<
>
> Ugh, I just unplugged the cam all together and reran the above command,
> same output :<

Did you insmod the pwc module first?  The device will show up when the
proper driver is loaded.  Mine doesn't show up with the pwc driver but
it does with the mod_quickcam module.

Also, the usb subsystem should report something when you plug that puppy
in.  Plug it in then dmesg, see what you get.

Did you check out the sourceforge site?

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net