[ale] Logitec USB Quickcam questions?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sat Jan 17 23:02:25 EST 2004

I'm running Debian with a home grown 2.6.1 kernel.  I dont' see a
"quickcam" module in the kernel.

{0}:/lib/modules/2.6.1-bk4/kernel/drivers>find . -iname \*cam\*
./usb/media/ibmcam.ko
./usb/media/ultracam.ko
./usb/media/vicam.ko

root at spirit
{0}:/lib/modules/2.6.1-bk4/kernel/drivers>cd -
/usr/src/kernel/linux-2.6.1

root at spirit
{0}:/usr/src/kernel/linux-2.6.1>grep -i quick .config

root at spirit
{1}:/usr/src/kernel/linux-2.6.1>

root at spirit
{1}:/usr/src/kernel/linux-2.6.1>xawtv
This is xawtv-3.90, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.1-bk4)
can't open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l: open /dev/video0: No such device
no video grabber device available

I've tried loading those 3 drivers and still nada.

Thus spake Geoffrey (esoteric at 3times25.net):