[ale] Samhain vs. Tripwire

Joe Sechman jsechman at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 14 21:04:40 EST 2004

I'm looking for a good client / server based file integrity tool - where
cost is a definite factor (and downside to Tripwire's commercial client
/ server solution).  Anyone who's maintained any more than one Tripwire
installation w/out the centralized control will tell you it's a bear to
manage....Anyway, I recently came across Samhain
(http://la-samhna.de/samhain/) and was wondering if anyone's using it to
maintain their production systems?
     From the looks of it, it has some strong qualities (centralized
management, web based administration, MySQL / Postgres support, and
more!).  I'll have a test installation ready as soon as I revive my sick
Lbox....Thanks in advance for your input!

Joe