[ale] Subversion?

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Wed Jan 14 09:02:12 EST 2004

Guys,

I'm in a position to decide on a versioning control system for our
company's dev team.  Naturally, my first thought was CVS, but I've seen a
few blips for Subversion (subversion.tigris.org) and must say I like some
of the features (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/html-chunk/ch01s03.html).

I am, however, concerned by the relative newness of the project, and I
really haven't heard of many folks using it in a production environment.
I find that a sometimes helpful measure regarding the quality of a tool is
the amount of buzz/activity surrounding a tool, and I honestly haven't
seen a lot.  Of course, it could be I'm looking in the wrong places :).

Anyone out there using Subversion?  What's your experience regarding
stability and usefulness?  Any caveats or kudos?

Thanks!

John