[ale] OT: DSL with no phone number

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 21:48:24 EST 2004

Several years ago, MediaOne was offering a great deal on phone service
through the cable. (two lines with all the features for less than the
cost of one BellSouth line) Needless to say, BellSouth was willing to do
anything to get me back...

Unfortunately, now that Comcast owns the cable, they're trying to get
out of the phone business and my voice service has not been stellar
lately.