[ale] Offsite backup

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 10 21:14:13 EST 2004

If the server in Buford has a public (Internet) IP address, couldn't you
just set up a cron job on the host in Lincolnton to do an scp copy at
regular intervals? (using public key login) With the host in Lincolnton
behind an SMC router, you'd have to set it up to pass the connection
through if that host will be the destination of the connection. (i.e.,
the Internet cannot route private IP addresses)