[ale] OT: Plasma TVs and burn-in

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Thu Jan 8 17:25:30 EST 2004

Well Erica Hill is now at CNN so I lost interest in Tech News live.

Call for Help got rid of Pirillo a while back, but I think that his hiring
was an effort to try and pull in "Gnomies" anyway.  I prefer his writing to
his on-air antics as he is less annoying that way.

I miss the early days with Kate and Leo (The Screensavers) talking about how
to recompile your kernel.

I'm surprised that even with the M$ funding that TechTV is still on the air.
Guess _someone_ has to show Thunderbirds and re-broadcast BBC shows...

I wish they would air a Linux show two or three times a week.  Hell, Richard
Stallman is dying to get back on the air and sing his GNU drinking song...

sorry, was almost a rant.

preston