[ale] changing recipient of daily system status emails....

Keith Morris graphicsguy at charter.net
Wed Jan 7 17:58:02 EST 2004

Hi all.

Sorry, but here is another newbie question.  I am running Fedora Core 1
and by default it sends daily system status emails the local mail spool
of 'root'.  I was wondering a couple of things...

1. What process is actually sending the email? is it a cron job, system
service, or what? (00-logwatch???)

and

2. How does one change the recipient of the email so that it goes to my
internet email address (as this is a remote server and I would like to
receive the emails at home).  I found the $Config{'mailto'}="root"; in
00-logwatch cron job, but when I changed it to to my email address
(escaping the \@) the script ran, but I didn't receive any email....

Thanks for your help.

Keith Morris