[ale] smbpasswd error

Mark Ebaugh mebaugh at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 11:22:20 EST 2004

Not having all of the relevant information, but having seen a similar
event once, I will take a stab at this.

Is the user information in LDAP ?

I have seen smbpasswd not linked properly to LDAP directory of users
that attempted to look in the passwd file for verification of the user's
existance before attempting a change of their smbpasswd. Root could
change smbpasswds no problem, but the users not existing in passwd
caused serious issues.

HTH
-Mark