[ale] RE: IOMMUs was Re: Intel vs AMD x86-64 (fwd)

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:29:24 EST 2004

This is interesting, especially if you read the whole thread. People were
ranting about the suckage of the newly announced Intel 64-bit extensions for
P4 and their potential lack of an IOMMU. From the message below, it appears
Opteron had a similar problem, but the Linux kernel people doing the port
convinced AMD to modify their CPU / BIOS design to work around it....

later,
chris