[ale] shell scripting baby questions...

Yu, Jerry jerry.yu at Voicecom.com
Fri Feb 20 12:28:20 EST 2004

You may want to delete only if the tar finished succsfully:

tar -czf $logName.tgz $logName && rm -f $logName;

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Morris - IQ [mailto:keith at iqtv.com]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 12:13 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] shell scripting baby questions...

Thanks everyone!!! you rock.  Here was the solution:

# if no virii were detected, deltet infected log file.
if [ $infectionsDetected -eq 0 ]
then
   rm -f $logPath/$infectedLogName;
fi

# tar and gzip the scan logfile and remove the uncompressed log
cd $logPath
tar -czf $logName.tgz $logName;
rm -f $logName;

--