[ale] New install of SuSE

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 20 07:19:12 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 16:14, Chris Fowler wrote:
> This may be flamebait but the "community" part of Fedora Core scares me.
> We spend a lot of time getting a distribution to work with our
> development environment.  If it is not backed by a commercial
> organization we may experience problems in the future.  We may not.
> Who knows.
>
> I'm loading SuSE via FTP and will give it a try.  If I do not like it
> then I'm going to load Fedora Core #2.
>
> I might want to begin downloading ISO's just in case ;)

Check out this page to get you up-and-running with apt-get for SUSE.  By
far the easiest way to keep the machine up-to-date.

http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/

--
Cheers,
Trey

If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in
despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the
implacable grandeur of this life.
--Albert Camus

7:20am up 12:43, 1 user, load average: 0.73, 0.27, 0.09
Linux linux 2.4.21-144-default #1 Fri Nov 14 00:01:36 UTC 2003 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux