[ale] OT: Running computers in an older home (read oldercircuitry)

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Thu Feb 19 23:31:57 EST 2004

Suggestion for new circuit for computer and/or
communications equipment:

Use "Isolated Ground" outlets.  Wiring is the same (I
think?), but the outlet is orange and its "isolation"
(separation of the neutral & ground) helps with things
like RFI.  Places like Home Depot have the outlets.
Yes they're expensive compared to standard, but I'd
recommend them for powering sensitive electronics.

I've seen this actually specified in pre-installation site
requirements for various equipment (& have had to install
a few of them over the years...).


More information about the Ale mailing list