[ale] OT: Running computers in an older home (read older circuitry)

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Thu Feb 19 14:40:25 EST 2004


Thanks for the thought provoking discussion.  I think the safest is to have an electrician look at the current wiring and then either hire him to install a few dedicated circuits, or as someone else suggested, look at doing it myself.

Supposing the later, are there any good web resources that cover a. doing things like this, b. the general code by state, and c. basic electrician training for the do-it-yourself'er?  I've had basic electronics training, but it was a long, long time ago :).

Thanks guys!


More information about the Ale mailing list