[ale] OT: Running computers in an older home (read older circuitry)

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Thu Feb 19 13:41:26 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 13:02, Geoffrey wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
>
> > I would replace all of your 2-prong outlets with 3-prong throughout the
> > house..  Then connect your neutral wire (should be white) to both the
> > neutral and the ground prongs.
>
> I don't believe this would be to code.

I doubt it too, but I seriously doubt if his current 2-wire setup is
code either.

To meet code he will propably need to run new 3 conductor wire in the
walls.  That will be "very" expensive.

I think what I proposed is a better/safer solution than what he has, and
does not have the large cost of meeting code.

Greg