[ale] OT: One-time use digital cameras

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Feb 17 21:31:35 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 12:00, William Bagwell wrote:
> On Saturday 14 February 2004 11:09 am, Chris Fowler wrote:
>
> > I was at Wolf Camera and they are now selling one-time use digital
> > cameras.  You take the pictures then they develop them.  The do not
> > have a port on them.  I assume one is on the inside.  Has anyone
> > figured out how to suck the images off?
>
> My recollection of this /. article, is that it was *way* more trouble than
> it's worth.
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/11/12/2354206&mode=thread&tid=152&tid=185&tid=188
>
> YMMV Have fun:-)

There is now ghpoto2 support for this camera.  You do not have to wait
10 hours anymore.  You get instant gratification.

I've got my usb cable soldered onto the gold leads and I'm grabbing
pictures.  It works great.  I'm waiting on some solder type USB-B
connectors to arrive because I plan on installing a connector in the
case.  Should look really cool when I'm done.  Might even add some LEDs
for link and traffic then finally give the case a nice glossy yellow or
red finish.