[ale] Kernel comparison: Web serving on 2.4 and 2.6

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Feb 14 11:13:55 EST 2004

I've experienced something weird on 2.6.

We use a loopback device to create a filesystem for our embedded
software.  When I'm on 2.4 the image is created fine with ample free
space on the ext2 fs.  When I use 2.6 as the script is doing cp -dpvR
../template/* root/  it seems to run out of space on the image.  The cp
command can never finished.  This problem has killed my plans on moving
to 2.6 anytime soon.