[ale] morning RAID problems.

John Cole JohnC at LGEFCU.org
Mon Feb 9 09:30:19 EST 2004

Yes I have mdadm installed.

/etc/raidtab:

raiddev /dev/md1
	raid-level	1
	nr-raid-disks	2
	nr-spare-disks	0
	chunk-size	4
	persistent-superblock	1
	device	/dev/hde1
	raid-disk	0
	device	/dev/hdf1
	raid-disk	1

Should I rename /etc/raidtab and see if mdadm will work by itself?

Thanks,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert L. Harris [mailto:Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 9:20 AM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] morning RAID problems.

cat your /etc/raidtab.  Also, I'd change both hde1 and hdf1 to type "fd"
which is raid autodetect.  Do you have "mdadm" installed?  It's the
sucessor to raidtools and is MUCH better.

Thus spake John Cole (JohnC at LGEFCU.org):

> Howdy!
>
> :)  I meant /dev/hde1 and /dev/hdf1
>
> Dev		Boot	Start	End		Blocks	ID	System
> /dev/hde1	*	1	116358	58644400+	83	Linux
>
> /dev/hdf1	*	1	116358	58644400+	83	Linux
>
> In actuality, /dev/hde is a new 60GB drive.  /dev/hdf1 is a 50 or 55 GB
> drive (don't remember how it got that odd size but it's a few years old.)
>
> Thanks,
> John
Disclaimer: The information contained in this email is proprietary and
confidential.  It is intended solely for the use of the person identified
and intended as the recipient. This document is forwarded to you in such a
form (E-mail) that LGEFCU cannot guarantee the completeness and/or
correctness of its contents and information. If you have received this
E-mail message in error, please notify us immediately. Please also delete
this document from your computer. This document may not be reproduced,
copied, distributed, published, modified, or furnished to third parties,
without the prior written consent of LGEFCU. LGEFCU specifically disclaims
any responsibility or liability for any personal information or opinions of
the author expressed in this email.