[ale]OT It begins...

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 21:25:33 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 09:49, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > > google for "security through obscurity".
> >
> On Tuesday 03 February 2004 20:09, Geoffrey wrote:
> > I am not stupid.  We are not attempting to secure it, but obfuscate it.
> > What the hell do you think obfuscate means?
>
> Ignore him . . .
> His replies always seem to be "like that"
> Hell, he'll probably even reply "like that" to this.

Nice "quality" reply, something that really "benefits" the whole.

If you understand "security through obscurity" then you will understand
that doing something half-way (as has admittedly been proposed by Drew)
you will undoubtedly inconvenience others while assuredly leaving
yourself exposed.  The same concept applies to "obfuscating" email
addresses.  If they can be read by a human, they can be read by a
machine.  I like the image substitution idea, but remember it can be
OCR'ed... unless it is near impossibe to read (see above comments).

-Jim P.