[ale] Current HP scanner/printer combo supported?

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Feb 4 11:40:31 EST 2004

Dow Hurst <dhurst at kennesaw.edu> writes:

> Can anyone name a currently available HP scanner/printer combo device
> that works under SuSE 9.0 that I can go buy at Bestbuy or Walmart?

I have made my OfficeJet 600 both print and scan under Slackware.  It
was a nontrivial undertaking; perhaps Suse, as one of the more
desktop-oriented distros, would make it easier.

I'll also say that my OJ600 is basically a piece of crap. I have a
friend with an HP OJ-G85 (a higher-end inkjet-based combo unit) that
seems to be more reliable.

Cheers,

-- Joe Knapka

--
I'm gonna do everything / silver and gold / but I got to
hurry up before I grow to old. -- Joe Strummer, 1952 -- 2002