[ale] Question : Printer with lowest TCO for infrequent usage
sriad at uab.edu
Mon Dec 27 16:40:31 EST 2004
I am looking for a printer with the lowest Total Cost of Ownership in the
long run (Printer + Toner).
This is for personal use and I print documents very infrequently
(directions, recipes etc) .. and will use it for printing about 5 pages a
Need a very basic printer. Do not need high resolution.
Linux compatibility desirable but can be sacrificied if a cheaper Windows
only printer is available.
0. Which printer will cost the least ?
1. Do you recommend a used printer ?
2. Is there a specific place in Atlanta to look for them(used) ?
3. Is third party toner availability important ?
4. How expensive would it be to have a printer with a duplexer unit (print
on both sides)
Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.
More information about the Ale