[ale] OT: Free MP3 Jukebox ?

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 27 10:30:19 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 06:23 -0500, David Corbin wrote:
> It may be close.  I think that it streams things to the "client", when I want
> it to play on the server sound card.  Still, it's something to look at.

	Sorry this is a bit late, but check out mpd (Music Player Daemon).
That's the server, and it has several clients, one of which is a PHP set
of scripts for Apache.  The display is quite nice.  It also has command
line clients, Perl clients, Curses clients...you get the picture.  I'm
using it on my Shuttle "jukebox", and I like it.

Danny