[ale] Re: ppp dialup script / need working dialup

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Sat Dec 25 23:58:15 EST 2004

Hi Dave,

I think your advice was right on but I could not get that command sent
to the modem during init.  Every time I included it in the init string
the modem failed to dial.  So I got desperate and dug around in the
basement till I found a Microcom 28.8 modem.  I swapped it out and
guess what?  It works!  Slow as molasses but it works!

Dow, I imagine you had me on the right track too.  The US Robotics
modem was not connecting right and my authorization was never
occurring.  I did not have the data to see that the US Robotics and
whatever Earthlink has were just not getting along.

I'll post a solution to the other email thread so it will be easy to
follow for anyone needing a solution like this from the archives.

Thanks to all again for the help,

Merry Christmas!

Mark