[ale] linux recommendations

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 20:06:32 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 19:58 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> First take of Debian stable surprised me to see they're running a 2.2
> kernel.  We're talking two kernel generations back?  I was quite
> surprised by this.

Welcome to the world of Debian where nothing is released before it's
time, nor is it released during it's time, and only released after it's
time. ;-)

FWIW, I run unstable on my everyday laptop with good success and few if
any problems in the past year, none major.  Try Debian testing, and if
that satisfies you experiment with Unstable if you have the time.

-Jim P.